About Aidan Cassie
AIDAN CASSIE grew up on Canada’s west coast. As a child she often constructed worlds for her unlucky pets from cartons, clay, and papier-mâché. Back then she didn’t play with words at all, but in time she began to tell her stories in pictures. At Emily Carr University of Art and Design and Edinburgh College of Art she studied animation and earned her Media Arts degree. Aidan's first tale wasn’t a book but a hand-drawn short film, Sitting Next to Bernie
(screened at festivals from Newfoundland to Brazil). As an author-illustrator she again constructs imaginary worlds, though her book characters are far more cooperative than guinea pigs and newts.
Aidan has just spent a year in Provence where she finished her debut picture book, Sterling, Best Fork Ever
. Now that she's not gallivanting through medieval villages and eating buttery croissants, she's working on her second book Juniper's Little Problem
, about a feisty raccoon who's feels too small for everything.
Her permanent home is on a small artist-covered island in the Salish Sea, British Columbia, Canada.
- Sterling, Best Fork Ever, forthcoming from FSG Books for Young Readers/Macmillan July, 2018 (Pre order: AmazonUSA / Indigo Canada / Barnes & Noble
- Juniper's Little Problem, forthcoming from FSG Books for Young Readers/Macmillan Fall, 2019
- Untitled picture book, forthcoming from FSG Books for Young Readers/Macmillan in 2020
- Salt Spring Island Activity Book, 2010 (author and illustrator). Published by The Little Red School House Society
- Marine Mammals; A Curriculum Based Program for Grades Five, Six and Seven. Educators Guide, 1991 (illustrator). Published by the Vancouver Aquarium